Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., What word is used to describe the shape of the Milky Way galaxy? Answer: Spiral.)
1. Four-letter word for the part of an apple containing the seeds.
2. Cirrus is a type of thin ____.
3. One of the four pointed teeth between the incisors and the premolars.
4. For what does the "L" stand in the word "laser"?
5. This type of simple machine uses a wheel and a rope.
6. Ichthyology is the branch of zoology that studies ____.
7. Gregor Mendel used pea plants to discover the basic principles of _____.
8. The solid part of Earth consisting of the crust and the upper mantle.
9. Term for the lowest theoretical temperature, -273 degrees Celsius.
ANSWERS: 1. Core. 2. Cloud. 3. Cuspid (canine) tooth. 4. Light. 5. Pulley. 6. Fish. 7. Heredity (genetics). 8. Lithosphere. 9. Absolute zero.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2020 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.